Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Being Thankful In November!

It's almost that time again. The HOLIDAY SEASON. I'm bound to enjoy it this year. I usually stress myself out to no extent and then end up patiently waiting for the holidays to pass. This year will be different. This year I will finish my shopping early, get my "homemade" gifts wrapped up for the neighbors and co-workers & enjoy time with family and friends. Ok, the shopping part might not happen but it's a pretty nice thought. November reminds me of everything I'm thankful for. I have a pretty great life and can't complain much. My health isn't what I wish it was but I'm healthy if that makes sense. I can walk, talk, smell, touch, hear....that makes me lucky. In my eyes anyway. I MIGHT not be able to have babies the normal everyday way but that doesn't change me or what I have in life now. It just makes me more grateful for life! 

I'm near the end of Shot #4 with the Lupron. This shot has been pretty difficult I would say. Everything was going great and then I started spotting and then I started what I thought was my monthly cycle. The first thing that popped into my head was, "There's no way I've gone through hell and back with this shot for it to stop working now. No way. Please keep working." So I stressed about it for a couple of days and then came to the conclusion that if this was it then at least maybe it worked for 4 months. Maybe that's my body telling me it's done being put through it's trials. Sounds weird I know but that's the way I have to look at it. Well, I spoke with the doc and she was pleasantly positive this time around which in turn made me feel positive again.

She basically told me that the bleeding was probably a normal thing because my bodies hormones are not what they should be and it's my body telling me it needs those things. It's lacking those things and is in need of those things. She said it happens when people have been on the shot for a long period of time and she wasn't to worried about it. She also thinks my body is stressed and that could be contributing to the bleeding. She told me to relax. She agrees when I tell her I will exhaust ALL options before doing IVF but she did say that insemination might be a great idea in our case. That gave me hope that I might be able to have babies a somewhat "normal" way.

So two more shots and then I'm done with this dreaded medication. I am counting down the days and hope that I will be able to enjoy the holidays. That's all for now. Happy Wednesday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment